Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ten annoying men

There are male commentators, writers, journalists, etc. that I do like. Perhaps that list tomorrow. But, far too many are completely annoying. So, here is my top ten list of commentators and/or writers who are like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. I am not including folks like Limbaugh, Glen Beck, O’Reilly, etc because they go well beyond annoyance into complete intellectual bankruptcy. And, yes, there were some women who annoyed me, too, but none would crack this top ten. I am not going to give much individual commentary of why I found them so annoying but the generic reasons were:

1. They were wildly inconsistent.
2. They were intellectually dishonest.
3. They twisted reality to suit their purposes (which is, I suppose, a combination of the first two).
4. They were arrogant.
5. They were often wrong and would rarely, or ever, admit it.

Bill Kristol
David Brooks

Paul Krugman
(his Nobel price notwithstanding)
Bill Morris
Paul Begala

Howard Wolfson
Ron Fournier (AP writer – he is supposed to be a newsman, but his articles read like an opinion column.)
Tim Russert
(Look, I know that he is dead now and, perhaps, it is bad to speak ill of the dead but he annoyed me more than anyone.)
George Stephanopoulous

Karl Rove
(I include him because, unlike Limbaugh, et al., he tries to pretend to be above the fray but, obviously, he is not.)

No comments: