Monday, January 5, 2009

So, where is the damn lanai?

I know I keep saying things like, "time to work on the lanai." But, I have shown no proof that progress is being made. I am sorry. I have had to work around a lot of rain - which has finally abated. Also, I really have no secure idea of what I am doing. I sort of feel my way along. You know that old adage "measure twice, cut once"? My variation is "measure six times, cut two or, at very worst, three times". So, I am very slow. But, I have made progress! Leslie is doing the painting while I do everything else necessary to prepare for the steps and railings. I promise they will magically be on the lanai soon (rain notwithstanding) and I will be really done. I better be as we only have a week left on the island. Plus, we are having a "lanai warming" party on the 11th. That is more motivation, don't you think?

Voici the bulk of the railing parts.

Voici the stringers for the stairs. (I didn't know the word stringer before I started working on this thing which proves, I believe, that I have no idea what I am doing.)

Voici some holes in the ground for railing posts.


And, I do have a long list of other tasks that I continue to work on. In this case, I caught an hour between rain to re-glaze the basement windows. (I do know what I am doing here, by the way.)

2 comments:

MLiss Bounds said...

Dang -- i so wish Troy (and i) could have come to help with the lanai! It has been freezing cold here -- it was down around 25 degrees yesterday morning! i could use some thawing out. See ya guys on the mainland...

Oh, and i called them flip flops growing up which Chance and Dylan have now shortened to flippers...

M'Liss

ramcduff said...

If Troy and you had been here - it would have certainly been done much faster! Maybe next project?? (For those who don't know - Troy is a carpenter.)

I like flippers...See you soon