Friday, January 9, 2009

Adam blogs on enlightenment and us...

Our newest guest blogger is Adam. Voici:


He submits this blog post: (colon supplied by Leslie; I'm drunk but can do semi-colons.)

I am reading a book while I am Hawaii called Awakening The Buddha Within by Lama Surya Das. This reading is helping me look at Robin and Leslie in a new way. According to what this book explains I believe that these two have already become aware of their inner nature and are enlightened. They are Buddha (not Buddhists, but have found their Buddha within) whether they know it or not, but in western more modern sense. How do I know this you may ask? Well first of all, Leslie tells her friends when introducing me that, I am possibly the most talented artist alive. Since any Buddha (one who is enlightened to their inner nature and the way of things) should realize this if they really are enlightened. Second, after obsessively reading over “Robin’s Blog” last night after the two had already gone to sleep, I realized how aware of their surroundings they are and what they need to enjoy life to the fullest. Of course I am trying to attain a similar sense of myself, but it doesn’t happen overnight. It will take a while before I can utilize thrift stores to their full potential, and learn to enjoy and think it is cool to have a syndrome like ASPS. Be capable of making good found art, like how they converted a cheap rectangle of cloth into a beautiful piece of artwork worthy of their living room.

Leslie with the cloth:

So I am on a journey to attain a similar sense of my true nature. The first task will be about making something from nothing. I will start by making a sculpture for the yard that doesn’t cost anything. Might I add that Leslie and Robin have wanted me to erect a sculpture for their Santa Cruz home for years. Sorry but by agreeing to have me stay in “The Hella Cool Hilo House” the sculpture will be in Hilo. OK my mind is rolling off to find and utilize some of the free things this island offers for this project. Eventually I will enter Buddha hood just like them, happy without excesses.

(Note: One shouldn't drink and blog, I believe...)

No comments: