Monday, December 8, 2008

If I were a carpenter

I decided I could do the lanai - at least part of it (a 16' x 20' section.) Now, I am really not much of a carpenter, though Leslie and I once built a structure in Watsonville for her band rehearsals. But, seriously, I know almost nothing about how to build something fast, efficiently and well. I found a book with the word "complete" in the title. I hope they didn't lie as I need complete information. So, good luck to me and everyone who sits on the thing. But, I swear, I will follow the building code! Really! I don't plan to start the thing until after Saturday night. We are having a housewarming party that day for our friends and neighbors, so I don't want it to be a construction site. But, I will have built it several times over in my brain by then.

Anyway, if I were a carpenter, this would be easier.






2 comments:

The B-Roses said...

I KNOW you can do this. My dad built a deck and a patio cover once and if he can do it, surely you can, plus given my recent experience with contractors (during our 2 month turned 6 month remodel), I am certain you are more than qualified.

ramcduff said...

Thanks for you vote of confidence. I know I can do it, too. But can I make it code legal? That is the question....Cool picture with your comment...