Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lanai Day 3/4

I wanted to give a lanai update. For those who want the step by step building process, I offer these photos.

On Saturday, I graded the deck area so that the water would flow towards the driveway, then poured the footings.


Here is how it looked after creating the footings.


On Monday, we had a paint factory with Ken, Smiley and Leslie putting a prime coat on boards that will be part of the railing or stairs.

Meanwhile, I was installing the beams (with Leslie's help on occasion). This is what it looked like at the end of the day.


Tomorrow, I plan to install most or all of the joists and put the deck boards down in one area so we will still be able to access our kitchen door. The deck boards will lay right over the old porch you see pictured. I have also got to create some sort of temporary stairs for Rosie so she can make her way into the back yard. (The front steps are difficult for her to negotiate.)

No comments: